Am I a good Clearlift candidate?
Anyone whose skin shows signs of aging is a candidate for Clearlift. The most dramatic results are seen on people who have tried non-invasive therapies and are looking for something more aggressive but without the pain and downtime. The best candidates have moderate sun damage, are in good health, have good health habits and typically take good care of their skin.
Does Pixel Perfect work on all skin types?
Yes, Clearlift can be performed on all skin types at any time of the year; however, it is vital to consult with Terra Atma MediSpa staff as some skin conditions can interfere with proper treatment.
How Long Will the Laser Treatment Take?
Clearlift treatments usually take less than 30 minutes per area. Your exact treatment regimen will depend on your individual consultation and the area(s) you wish to have treated.
Is it safe?
Clearlift treatments are safe and effective, without injections or surgery. You can expect your skin to have very minimal redness that is short-lived after the treatment. More importantly, no one will notice you had anything done immediately after the procedure.
Will it hurt?
Most experience a pleasant warmth during the treatment. Occasionally there may be a snapping sound as the laser head is moved from area to area but that is entirely painless and without consequence.
Will I need a touch-up later?
While Clearlift will reverse some of the appearances of aging, we can’t stop the aging process. This will require an Anti-Aging consultation to evaluate your overall health including your nutrition and health habits, hormones, etc.. However, depending on your starting point and your lifestyle following treatment, your new look can last many months or longer. We recommend that you practice meticulous skin care to maintain results. This includes avoiding excessive sun and UV exposure and using our Skin Renewal System to maintain your investment. Further, daily use of a moisturizing sunscreen whenever you are in the sun will help new damage from occurring. Conscientious skin care extends the effects of your skin renewal and collagen remodeling, maximizing the benefits of your fractional treatment and will ultimately increase the length of time between maintenance sessions.
For most patients, a touch-up treatment after 12 months helps maintain a healthy glow.
How much does Clearlift Laser Facelift cost?
Clearlift costs vary depending on the surface areas treated, but a face treatment starts at just $600.00 per treatment. You will need 4 of these to complete a series and maximize initial collagen restoration. If you want other areas treated at the same time, like your neck, tummy, or hands, we will be happy to give you an estimate for those as well at the time of your consultation.
- Avoid the sun for 24 hours and use sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 for the first two weeks
- Use AVST level of choice + C Boost + Eye gel
- Do not use any products that contain AHA, Glycolic Acid, Tretinoin or Hydroquinone.
Possible Side Effect After ClearLift
- Redness and burning sensation might occur. This will be gone by itself in matter of half an hour
- If you feel pain in the treated area, please contact Terra Atma Medi Spa
- Infections are unlikely to happen. If you suspect you have an infection you should contact the Terra Atma Medi Spa
Repeat Treatments and Maintenance
- The average amount of sessions is three to four with two to three weeks between treatments
- Twelve months after the last of your recommended sessions, you should have maintenance treatments depending on skin type, food intake, age, environmental conditions, etc.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Harmony XL SHR
The Harmony XL SHR is one in a series of lasers that have made it possible to treat a wide variety of cosmetic issues. This laser hair removal technology prevents the patient from feeling virtually any pain during their procedure. There is also no need for any bulky external devices or topical chillers. This device combines the convenience and comfort of a trip to the local spa with the latest medical laser technology available on the market today. It has the reputation of being one of the most pleasant options for hair removal. There is no longer any need for a person to dread their hair removal appointment.
What is SHR?
SHR is a method of hair removal patented by Alma Lasers. It is currently being used in hundreds of hospitals around the world and is a globally recognized brand. SHR begins by slowly raising the temperature of the skin to a point where the follicles of hair start to suffer damage to them. This level of heat also prevents the hairs from growing again in the future. One of the most attractive features of this method of hair removal is the fact that the laser does not harm any of the tissue surrounding the site of the procedure. The skin receives pulses that are short and repetitive. This helps to achieve a high level of power and heat while causing the patient almost no pain at all.
- No waxing, plucking or sugaring for 6 weeks before laser treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds or tanning products for at least three weeks before and after treatment.
- Please do not wear makeup or self-tanning lotion on the areas to be treated, or at least wear makeup that is easy to remove.
- Please shave the areas to be treated the day before treatment or on the morning of treatment. This way, the skin will be less sensitive. Shaving before you come in also allows you to shape the exact area you want to be treated — this is sometimes very useful in areas like the hairline and sideburns, and in the bikini area. Please bring your razor if we find that you need to do touch-ups. Excess hair above the surface of the skin also increases the chance of burning or irritating the skin.
What happens during laser hair removal?
The laser treatment will take place in a room set up. Technician and client must wear protective eyewear during the procedure. Before the laser hair removal treatment, the area to be treated will be cleansed. To perform the procedure, the skin is lubricated with cold gel spread on an area to be treated. How long your treatment lasts depends on the size of the area being treated. Treating the upper lip takes minutes. If you are having a large area like the back or legs treated, your treatment may last more than an hour.
- Redness often has faded greatly by the time you get home. It would not be uncommon for the skin to be slightly drier that evening and may require more moisturizer.
- The hair follicles may appear slightly more obvious or a bit pink for the next day or two, but this is seldom a cosmetic problem, and generally much less obvious than after waxing or sugaring.
- Avoid tanning for four weeks after treatment.
- Hair shafts will be released from hair follicles in the treated area for a week or two after treatment. You do not need to do anything, but you may gently exfoliate or shave the areas if you wish.
- Shaving is acceptable between laser treatments. Plucking, waxing and sugaring should be avoided because these things could reduce the effectiveness of your next treatment.
Blistering or scaling after hair removal is very uncommon. Please call us if this happens or if you have any other concerns or questions.
When is it safe to have another laser treatment for hair removal?
This varies from patient to patient. Removing hair often requires a series of laser treatments. Most patients can have laser hair removal once every 4 to 6 weeks.
Laser TATTOO Removal
- The treated area will be dressed with antibacterial ointment immediately following the procedure and the area should be kept clean to reduce the risk of infection. Pinpoint bleeding in the treated area may occasionally occur. Any scabs that form should not be picked or scratched.
- The tattoo removal laser treatment may create a superficial burn wound. Some clients may experience bruising or swelling. There is immediate whitening of the treated area, which usually lasts for several minutes. Many clients then develop blisters, crusts, or scabs within 12-72 hours, which may last for 1-2 weeks or more. The treated areas may be pink or pale after the scab separates. Loss of skin pigment in the treated area is common and is usually temporary. Healing is usually complete by 6-8 weeks.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and then gently pat the area dry. You may apply a thin coating of antibiotic ointment up to three times a day while the area is healing if you keep the area covered with a sterile dressing.
- You may apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser treatment to help reduce discomfort and inflammation. You may take plain Tylenol, but avoid aspirin (it can increase the risk of bruising and/or bleeding).
- Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become scraped, as this may result in infection and scarring. Shaving should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed.
- Do not wear makeup or any cream or medication unless recommended by Terra Atma Medi Spa for 48 hours.
- Wear a sunblock with an SPF of 25 or higher over the area for 3 months following the treatment.
- Failing to allow normal healing of the treatment site will increase the possibility of scar formation and can lead to infection. It may be necessary to use a dressing to protect the area if there is a risk of damage.
- If the area looks infected (honey-colored crusting and oozing or spreading redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact Terra Atma Medi Spa immediately. During the healing process, the treatment site may also form a crust, scab or even blisters. This is all part of the healing process.
- Under normal conditions, the process which breaks down the tattoo ink begins 2 weeks after the laser treatment. The ink will continue to evacuate until about the 6-week post treatment mark. For this reason, treatments are scheduled no closer than 6 weeks apart. If additional treatments are required after this 6 weeks, please contact us and schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Avoid the sun for 3-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy [Valtrex or L-Lysine] must be started the day before treatment as prescribed after treatment.
- The use of tanning creams, tanning beds or bronzers must be discontinued before and during treatments.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site. This usually lasts 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 10 days. The treatment area may feel like a sun burn for a few hours after the treatment but will subside.
- Must use sunscreen SPF 25 or more during the course of this treatment and after.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants or scrubs in treated areas.
- No exposure to heat such as saunas, hot tubs, Jacuzzis, extremely hot showers or strenuous activities for a minimum of 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure to avoid hypo-pigmentation and hyper-pigmentation.
- Treat your skin gently for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Do not tan for three weeks prior to or after treatment.
- Do not do facial waxing, electrolysis or use depilatories 5 days prior to or after treatment.
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A, Renova, Differin, and Tazorac 7 days prior to treatment.(Please inform Terra Atma Medi Spa of your current list of medications.)
- Discontinue collagen injections, fillers and botox 7 days prior to and after any treatment
- A patient profile form must be completed before your first treatment
- Do not use a home care chemical peel, facial scrubs or snore strips seven days post-treatment.
- Wait a minimum of two weeks to repeat a mini peel or Microdermabrasion treatment.
- For 2 days post-treatment do not expose treated areas to extreme heat or cold like hot showers, hot tubs, steam room or sauna, swimming or activities that would cause excessive sweating. Do not use loofahs or scrubs on the treated areas. Must stay cool as internal heating can cause hyperpigmentation!
- Days 1-10 use your post-procedure skincare kit.
- Days 11+ return to your recommended daily maintenance care.
- Absolutely do not pick on skin post treatment to prevent Hyperpigmentation.